March 26, 2007

update

sorry i'm not keeping you updated with picture, but i haven't been shooting very much digital and I'm on a PC so I'm having trouble making them lighter or darker. the pictures on the screen are not what they should be. When i get home i will fix them and post it as soon as i can.

Everything is going very well here in Nepal. Its been a bit hard though to adjust to living a new way of life, but I think I'm doing better than expected. Its been a great and empowering challenge for me. I drink tea now (4 times a day) which is a big change. This is the most tea I've had to drink in my whole life. The girls at the orphanage are so cute. There is one girl i wish could come home with me. They work so hard to speak to me in english and i try even harder to understand them in Nepali. Its a great learning experience for us all. They teach me dances, songs and poems (both in english and nepali). On Saturday we're having a celebration party. The girls have ended exams and I am leaving. We are also putting together food for poor families and giving it to them on that day. I have to go, but i'll try to write again later. Hope all is well back home. Here's one image that seems to be working.

No comments: